My Path

I go through the woods. Trees everywhere, fir cones and pine needles on the ground. To my left there’s a little stream flowing downhill. The path I am following is marked with pebble stones. Oh, a sqirrel just climbed up one of the many pine trees. I wonder what the life of a sqirrel is like. If I were a sqirrel in the forest, I wouldn’t just climb up and down, I’d probably try jumping from tree to tree. I wonder if one of them tried that or do they do that anyway. I don’t know, I don’t care. It must be great to be a sqirrel. I can see my breath because of the cold, moist november air. What am doing out here? I should just go home seriously, it’s freezing and I’ll get a cold.
Ouch, I just tripped over a twig. See, this is a sign for me to just turn around and go home, this path will lead me nowhere. But I just pick up the earthy, dirty stick, throw it behind me and keep on going, ignoring my mind.
While walking, I cuddle myself into the fluffy scarf around my neck, my head down and kicking some stones along the path with my feet. Now, my minds free. I am thinking about nothing else but mother nature and what she created. Isn’t the world wonderful? Too wonderful for some people to see.
Oh, thinking about mother nature, she just put a freaking tree onto the path. No, that wasn’t mother nature. Some stupid lumbermen cut down that tree and didn’t take it with them. Did they realise it was too small to earn them anything only after cutting it down? Stupid ! And unlogical ! Why would they just cut down a single tree here? It seems to be the only one they cut down. Anyway, the tree isn’t big at all so I just climb over it, brush off any dirt from my trousers and keep on walking. I am not going home.
It’s just early in the morning, the sun’s slowly coming out. I can already see some rays of sunshine. They don’t change the temperature though. It’s still freezing. I am still freezing.
I reach a fork. Left or right? Where should I go? Probably home, but I don’t want to. So I just take the left path and carry on walking.
Deer! Are there any deer in there? In the forest I mean. Of course there are! There must be! They’d be scared of me, like spiders. My father always said that spiders are more afraid of me than I am of them,but I never believed him. They never start screaming like I do, so it can’t be.
I hear birds chirping. They are singing good morning songs, saying hello to one another.
Oh, wow, a wall! I mean, I have seen walls before, but this one, it’s huge. The bricks are grey, seem very old to me. The wall could be of a castle. Hold on, this is a castle. Suddenly I start running, overwhelmed with curiosity. I run back to the fork, this time taking the right path. I am all alone, no reason to rush, but I do. Heavily breathing, taking in fresh, cold air, I stand in front of an entrance to the castle. I was right, it is a proper castle. How does nobody know about this. I should tell everyone! Do I really want everyone to know? No, I don’t. I want this place for myself. Though, someone must know. I can’t be the first to find it! I just followed a path, other people have done that. Well, I will come here more often.

One thought on “My Path

1. Your text is describing the atmosphere very nicely and precisely but I advise you to try and write shorter texts, so that your readers dont lose interest.
    Overall an enjoyable experience!