Reading-what a great thing to do

As a kid I never really enjoyed reading. I loved being outside, even in the rain, and would never have chosen a good book over jumping into big puddles. But over the years I have grown up, not only have I gotten older and well, definitely not more mature, but also my interests have changed. I remember when I began reading my first “proper” books-Diary of a wimpy kid. I remember how, when we went on holiday, I used to lie on the beach all day literally swallowing the German version of the series. I was really proud of how many books I had read and was very happy about getting books for christmas. And that’s where it started, I guess.
Now I absolutely love reading, especially books written in English. I have grown to despise German books, there’s something about the English language that makes me want to hear, and read more and more of it. Right now I’m really into fiction, no matter if normal, realistic love stories or unrealistic fiction. That’s why I’m a big fan of John Green’s work, but have recently been reading The Divergent Series and The Hungergames and have fallen in love with the plot. I have also given graphic novels a try, but can’t quite make anything of them,yet.
Reading is a beautiful thing. Especially when reading fiction, you just dive into a different world, learn about something completely different from what you are used to and can just escape to somewhere else. I love how you have to use your imagination to see the world you are in then and how noone can see what you see. Everyone can have a different picture in mind when reading certain books. It’s great to have something to escape to, as well. These days everyone has something they worry about or something they hate about the place they are in. Escapism has reached such high importance in our society, whether you’re a big fan of a certain artist, or love watching a certain TVseries, or enjoy reading and diving into a different world, it has helped so many people, I’m sure. I absolutely love reading.

One thought on “Reading-what a great thing to do

1. Your writing isn’t too shabby either 😉
    What a beautiful love letter! I hope you manage to hang on to your enthusiasm for a long time.