Fancy Dinner

For my mum’s birthday my parents and I went for dinner at Saag, a very fancy restaurant in Pörtschach. It was easily the best restaurant I have ever eaten in. My family rarely goes out for dinner, but if we do it’s to special places like this one.
The beautiful view of the lake, the waiters in suits and dresses expIaining every dish, the fancy menu and everyone, even me, dressed up all nice made me feel like a rich celebrity having only the best for dinner. I cannot explain any better how well looked after we were, how great everyone treated us. Well, I mean we payed for that didn’t we?
At every course my parents and I swapped plates with one another so each of us could try every meal we had ordered. The food was absolutely magnificent. Every bite was a sensation. Only a few ‘wows’ and ‘ohs’ were spoken. Other than that our table was utterly silent enjoying the meal and passing the plates around. What I loved most were the appetizers between the courses. Fresh, warm bread with excellent ham, plum sorbet etc. and the (of course) homemade chocolate truffles at the end.
All this deliciousness has a very high price though. At least a hundred euros per person is very normal at restaurants like this, ridiculous I know. If you are someone that ‘lives to eat’ and does not ‘eat to live’ , Saag is a great restaurant for you. And it’s not like you spend that much money on a meal everyday, seriously maybe once a year or even just once in a lifetime is fine. I do think everyone should experience a dinner like mine that night.

One thought on “Fancy Dinner

1. Congratulations on your review, Kerrin. It works on all levels and manages to convey your personal experience as well as the general quality of the place. A few small things leave room for improvement – as always 😉

The phrases “went for dinner at”, “is very normal” could be transformed into something a little more elegant I’m sure. As “Fresh, warm bread with excellent ham, plum sorbet etc. and the (of course) homemade chocolate truffles at the end.” is just a fragment and not a sentence, I’d introduce it with : rather than start a new sentence. Finally the grammar on “at restaurants like this” isn’t quite right.

Please edit and publish the second version in the same post.